The Party RPG - for Adults! (paperback)
The Great Plains is in danger and you need to save it! Delve into a cooperative game of storytelling and epic quests, where your imagination can create hilarious and unexpected events, and your friends can be your biggest ally or your biggest burden!
- Rated by Tabletop Gaming Magazine as the easiest role playing game (RPG) for non-gamers. No experience or preparation required.
- Unleash your imagination and create a fully customisable fantasy character using our Player Character Sheets (included with the book).
- Playing as your character, go on an epic adventure, overcoming challenges, fighting evil bad guys, and surviving all the world can throw at you.
- Gameplay is simple and fun. The quest book presents you with challenges, which you complete using your imagination, some dice, and by playing hilarious party games.
- 100 pages of unique content and hours of entertainment for up to 6 friends, played in person or over Zoom.
- Adult humour. If playing with children, ensure an adult reads the book to filter out the naughty bits. A family friendly edition will be available early-2022.
Burden Bluggerbuckle is a bereaved orc on a mission to destroy the Great Plains. Angry and bitter, he's sourced an ancient and terrifying magical artefact, and is using his new-found magical ability to rampage through defenceless towns and villages. From little gnomes to giant trolls, the citizens of the Plains need a ragtag group of heroes to save them.
That's where you and your fearless team step in. Acting as your characters, embark on a quest across the Plains to stop Burden from destroying the world, facing danger and challenge at every turn.
You'll meet an ensemble cast of wacky characters, including belligerent goblins, dishevelled wizards, orcs who just want to be loved, and trolls with a dangerous fascination for obstacle courses. Some of them need help. Some of them want to kill you.
But it's not just enemy characters that threaten your safety! The environment of the Plains is also a harsh and unforgiving place. Goblin minefields, broken bridges, and massive cliffs all need to be conquered on your march to victory.
Solve challenges using your imagination, some dice, and sometimes by completing hilarious party games.
Improve your character by earning coin, increasing its level, and buying weapons, shields, armour, and magical items. But watch out, your character can be killed, so be sure to keep your wits about you.
- Included in Tabletop Gaming Magazine's 'Best Games of 2021' list
- Rated the best RPG for non-gamers in Issue 58 of Tabletop Gaming Magazine
- Official reviewer for UK board game retailer Zatu: "everyone loved this quirky, unique experience. We laughed, we danced, and we all acted like lunatics. The writing...is often hilarious...and this is a joy to play!"
- Reviews from R'lyeh: "Simple, light rules, a straightforward plot, accessible presentation, and sense of humour, makes this roleplaying game almost the perfect means to introduce those unfamiliar to the concepts of roleplaying to their first actual roleplaying game."
- Physical game book, printed on A4
- Cut-out character Sheets
- Supporting digital material, including extra character sheets and digital dice. You can use any 3 six-sided dice if you prefer.
Learn to play:
Our commitment to the RSPCA
We donate 20% of all profits to the UK's Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA). For Bandit. And for every other abused animal that needs their help.
Fantastic game - easy to drop into even with no experience!
In a few words, easy to understand, funny, allows creative freedom and perfect for those who are intrigued but don't want to go through the pain of learning a million rules. Perfect way to initiate people and get them into table top RPG!
I was introduced to this game by a friend and played with a group that had no real experience with the genre. We all had a blast, it was easy to get to grips with, had an engaging, funny story and we really enjoyed how much it encouraged creative solutions. I cannot recommend it highly enough if you're looking for a DnD style game to play with friends, but are a bit put off by how daunting it is to get into.
I am looking forward to my next play through with family over Christmas and am impatiently awaiting the next installment!
Daniel Quinn | Brussels | December 2020
Perfect blend of RPG and party games. Great to play with a few beers🍻 Burden's story has got us hooked - will be having a few sessions over Xmas and new year!
Joe Ayoubkhani | Cardiff | December 2020
Surprisingly a great night!
I got this game for my partner for his birthday. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as its not really my thing, but we had such a fun night! I really recommend, even if you're unsure it's for you.
Laura | Bristol | February 2021
Showing 6 to 8 (8). Page 2 of 2.