The Party RPG - Adults! (paperback)
Delve into a cooperative game of storytelling and epic quests, where your imagination can create hilarious and unexpected events, and your friends can help or hinder you as you navigate the brutal and strange world of The Party RPG.
About the game:
- Unleash your imagination to create a fully customisable fantasy character.
- Playing as your character, go on an epic adventure, overcoming challenges, fighting evil bad guys, and playing hilarious party games.
- No preparation required - jump right in and play.
- Play using the quest book and 3 six-sided dice. The A4 quest book has 100 pages of unique content and expertly guides you through your quest, making your adventure easy and fun.
- Perfect for up to 6 players playing face to face or over Zoom
Burden Bluggerbuckle is a bereaved orc on a mission. Angry and bitter, he's sourced an ancient and terrifying magical artefact, and he's using his new-found magical ability to rampage through defenceless towns and villages. From little gnomes to giant trolls, the citizens of the Plains need a ragtag group of heroes to save them.
That's where you and your fearless team step in. Acting as your characters, you embark on a quest across the Plains to stop Burden from destroying the world, facing danger and challenge at every turn.
You'll meet an ensemble cast of wacky characters, including belligerent goblins, dishevelled wizards, orcs who just want to be loved, and trolls with a dangerous fascination for obstacle courses. Some of them need help. Some of them want to kill you.
But it's not just enemy characters that threaten your safety! The environment of the Plains is also a harsh and unforgiving place. Goblin minefields, broken bridges, and massive cliffs all need to be conquered on your march to victory.
Solve challenges using some dice, your imagination, and sometimes by completing hilarious party games.
Improve your character by earning coin, increasing its level, and buying weapons, shields, armour, and magical items. But watch out, your character can be killed, so make sure you keep your wits about you.
It's epic fun, so why not give it a go?
What do official reviewers say?
- Rated the best RPG for non-gamers in Issue 58 of Tabletop Gaming Magazine!
- Zatu, the UK's biggest board game retailer said: "everyone loved this quirky, unique experience. We laughed, we danced, and we all acted like lunatics. The writing...is often hilarious...and this is a joy to play!"
- Recommended in Issue 52 of Tabletop Gaming Magazine and described in subsequent videos as 'fabulous fun' and included in their Best Games of March newsletter.
- Reviews from R'lyeh: "Simple, light rules, a straightforward plot, accessible presentation, and sense of humour, makes this roleplaying game almost the perfect means to introduce those unfamiliar to the concepts of roleplaying to their first actual roleplaying game."
- Physical game book, printed on A4
- Cut-out character Sheets
- Supporting digital material, including extra character sheets and digital dice. You can use any 3 six-sided dice if you prefer.
Still not sure how to play?
What differentiates it from other role-playing games?
- No preparation work required - jump right in and play
- Swap Games Masters at each location, if you want to.
- Simple, easy-to-understand rules.
- No character limitations, be whatever you want - human, dwarven warrior, goblin, elf, gnome, pixie, unicorn, medieval accountant!
- Sometimes dice rolls are replaced with hilarious party games!
Additional game detail:
- 3-6 players recommended
- Mature themes: parental discretion advised. If you play with young children, we recommend an adult takes on the role of Games Master to filter out the naughty bits. If you don't want to do that, we're launching a kids edition this Winter!
- Size: A4
Supporting animals in need
After a way-too-early goodbye to our faithful office dog, 12/12 good boy, and loyal best friend, we're donating money to the UK's Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA). The RSPCA do incredible work, rescuing thousands of animals every year. They need as much help as they can get, which is why we're donating 20% of all profits to them. For Bandit. And for every other animal that needs their help.
Fantastic game - easy to drop into even with no experience!
In a few words, easy to understand, funny, allows creative freedom and perfect for those who are intrigued but don't want to go through the pain of learning a million rules. Perfect way to initiate people and get them into table top RPG!
I was introduced to this game by a friend and played with a group that had no real experience with the genre. We all had a blast, it was easy to get to grips with, had an engaging, funny story and we really enjoyed how much it encouraged creative solutions. I cannot recommend it highly enough if you're looking for a DnD style game to play with friends, but are a bit put off by how daunting it is to get into.
I am looking forward to my next play through with family over Christmas and am impatiently awaiting the next installment!
Daniel Quinn | Brussels | December 2020
Perfect blend of RPG and party games. Great to play with a few beers🍻 Burden's story has got us hooked - will be having a few sessions over Xmas and new year!
Joe Ayoubkhani | Cardiff | December 2020
Surprisingly a great night!
I got this game for my partner for his birthday. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as its not really my thing, but we had such a fun night! I really recommend, even if you're unsure it's for you.
Laura | Bristol | February 2021
Showing 6 to 8 (8). Page 2 of 2.